Here’s how to make my easy and quick chilli con carne (serves two greedy people or four normal ones). It’s my first attempt at a recipe, so bear with me. I cook messily, so play with my instructions all you like, because there is no “process” to this chilli, really… You basically just throw everything in a wok and it takes as long to make as you think it needs. Just make sure the mince is cooked.
You Will Need:
2 small onions,
1 green & 1 yellow pepper,
Pack of lean beef mince,
1 can of kidney beans,
1 can of chopped tomatoes,
2 large fresh tomatoes,
Salt and pepper,
1. Chop the onions into fine rings. Heat a teaspoon of oil (I use coconut oil) in a large pan (I use a wok) and fry the onions until they are ‘stringy’.
2. Add the mince and cook until it is browned. Do not drain any of the liquid that appears. Now add the two tomatoes, chopped roughly.
3. Cover the lot of that in chilli powder and mix it into the mince over the heat until the liquid turns into a ‘chilli paste’.
4. Add the can of chopped tomatoes and the can of kidney beans and stir thoroughly over full heat until it’s bubbling.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer. Add water a little at a time until the chilli is the consistency you want. Season to taste. Add more chilli powder if needed.
6. Chop the peppers roughly and add them to the chilli just two minutes before dishing up to give it all a bit of crunch.
Serve with boil-in-the-bag rice on a posh plate, or in a nice bowl with tortilla chips on the side. It doesn’t take long and it really it pretty tasty. You could also shove a blob of soured cream on top to make it look all snazzy, if you’re trying to impress someone. Even YOU couldn’t mess this one up. Hope you enjoy!